I am educated at The Royal Danish Academy of Fine Arts, Schools of Architecture, Design and Conservation (KADK) in Copenhagen:
2001: Bachelor in Conservation-Restoration Science (BSc.) from the Graphic Department
2010: Master of Conservation-Restoration Science (MSc.)
2014: PhD in Conservation-Restoration Science with thesis “Oxidative and hydrolytic
degradation of collagen in parchment”
I have also studied Art History as well as Book History at Lund University.
My main interest within the cultural heritage field is gaining understanding about
deterioration of parchment, paper, illuminations and ink, material analysis, and historic techniques including Art Technical Source Research.
Previous employments are Head of the Bookbinding and Conservation Department at the Regional Archives in Lund and project leader at the Royal Library in Copenhagen. I have also for several years worked as a researcher and scientific assistant in different research projects at The Royal Danish Academy of Fine Arts, Schools of Architecture, Design and Conservation (KADK), as well as been a co-organizer and workshop-tutor at several IDAP-courses (Improved Damage Assessment of Parchment) around Europe.
Examples of customers:
Centre for Thermal Methods & Conservation Science, University of London
The Metropolitan Museum of Art, New York
Danish National Art Library, Copenhagen
I am a full member in the following organizations:
- E.C.C.O. (European Confederation of Conservator-Restorers´ Organisations)
- IADA (International Association of Book and Paper Conservators)
- ICOM (International Council of Museums – Committee for Conservation)
- IPH (International Association of Paper Historians)
- NKF-DK (Nordic Society for Conservators – Denmark)
- NKF-S (Nordic Society for Conservators – Sweden)
- NPH (Nordic Paper History Association)
For more information and my publication list, please visit my profile at ResearchGate
© 2018 Kathleen Mühlen Axelsson